When I come across a lot of MBA’s graduate, they do not want to start their career with Sales. They are always on the lookout to get into Business Management or Marketing, Business Operations, etc. They always have a fear of dealing with the pressure, rejections in Sales.
The point is if you want to understand how any business functions, get into Sales. If you want to know how the revenue of a company is flowing, get into Sales. No company or organization can function without Sales and every company requires a Sales Men to get the money flowing.
Below are some of the points to keep in mind when starting with your Sales Career.
- The first and only rule is to be very self-disciplined with your job.
- You will face a lot of rejections while reaching out to prospects and it should not be taken personally.
- Always know your audience whom you are targeting.
- Follow your instinct and be a solution provider, not a salesman with your prospects.
- Be very passionate about your job and always keep learning to improve yourself.
The more time you will spend on this career the more skills you will acquire and the more time you will face with your customers/prospects the better you will familiarize yourself with the products/services that you sell.
You will also have very good control over spoken & written communications as you will be interacting with your prospects/customers every time.
There is also a lot of commission that Salespeople earn with their job apart from their Salary. Once you start receiving this commission you will certainly have financial freedom.
The more you will sell, the more commission you will earn.